Counseling for Adolescents
If you have a teenager, you may notice that a lot has changed in the home. You may notice mood swings, rebellious behavior, lack of closeness with family, etc.. As a parent, it may feel like you aren’t being respected or appreciated. As a result this can really make the home environment tense and cold, creating a distance between you and your teenager and affect your marriage.
Being a teenager and young student can be a challenging time with lots of changes. These changes happen fast and are filled with lots of expectations to have it together and know all the answers. This can create stress, anxiety, sadness, and overall confusion for your child.
There are helpful ways we can figure all of this out together so it doesn’t feel so difficult. I can help your child learn better ways to cope and be less stressed. I provide a safe place that is confidential. My safety plan also includes notifying you the parent if your child is in danger.
Common feelings and issues for adolescents:
- Feeling confused and overwhelmed
- Difficulty with classes
- Feeling lonely, don’t feel like they have real friends
- Feel pressure from parents to be a certain way
- Feel pressure from peers
- Can’t seem to communicate with parents- they just don’t get it
- Sudden change in mood
- Feel misunderstood
- Feeling not good enough/issue with body/looks
Counseling for Students
According to mental health research conducted by the National Alliance on Mental Illness (NAMI)
- One in four students have a diagnosable illness
- 40% do not seek help
- 80% feel overwhelmed by their responsibilities
- 50% have become so anxious that they struggled in school
Common feelings and issues for Students:
- Time management
- Balancing it all (work, school, social life)
- Issues with peers
- Relationship issues
- Choosing a career path/major in college
- Pressure to get into grad schools/transfer
- Money related stress
You can feel better and learn ways to better deal with all of these pressures. I’m happy to speak with you, I provide a free phone consultation.